Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Most Interesting Woman Alive?

!

Funds collected to date: $719.40 (27%)
Amount needed to reach pledge: $1,900.60
Miles Ran Last Week: 21 (longest single run = 5 miles)

The name of the game this week has been consistency. I'm trying to get to a point where I can run multiple days (albeit relatively "short" runs each day) and not die. While it's true that I did successfully not expire this weeks despite taking only two days off from running in total...things have been a bit touch and go. I'd like to say that I'm being a true champion, running easy as I discover inner peace through meditation during my solo runs towards greatness. In actuality, things have looked less like a Nike commercial and more like...well...this:

The scary thing right now is that I ran a total of 21 miles this week. I will run 26.2 miles at some point in one go. Hmmmm. This is going ot be interesting.

There are two cool side-benefits from running your first marathon that I would like to share. Firstly, it really does provide a phenomenal first-date topic of conversation. Seriously. I'd say it's about 50% of what I talk about on blind dates and I believe it to make me fascinating and impressive, much like the Dos Equis man.

The second key benefit is that you do meet people along the way who are either also training for the big 26.2 or have done so in the past. It really is a bonding experience being able to talk about training trials and tributions [please note the alliteration....and moving on!] As part of my money-raising efforts for Team for Kids, I'll be able to participate in group runs with them, and I'm excited to meet new people through this new "hobby" of mine.

Before I leave you for this week, I just want to provide a heartfelt thanks to the overwhelming support I have received so far, not only monetarily but also with your well-wishes and kind words. I am so excited to be 27% of the way to my fund-raising goal! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

No comments:

Post a Comment